Compiled by Wendy Holtan, August, 2014
ABA Learning Centre - http://abacentre.ca/our-autism-programs/adolescents/social-skills-groupsBase their teaching on combination of: Garcia-Winner/Grey/Attwood/Dunn-Buron
Done at the Centre with peers (ASD & typical)
· This page lists the social skills agencies available. There are many listed using methods from Garcia-Winner/Baker/Buron/and others.
· Within this list is Sheila Threndyle http://www.threndytalk.com/ a North Vancouver woman offering social skills training through groups & camps
CBI Monarch House - http://www.cbi.ca/web/monarchhouse-vancouver/group-programs
· offer Superflex and PEERS
Canucks Autism Network - http://www.canucksautism.ca
· Programs available for school or camps at their site.
Friend2Friend - http://www.friend2friendsociety.org/
· offers Pamela Wolfberg’s Integrated Playgroups
· They have a simulation presentation that affords kids a taste of varied sensory experiences meant to echo the experiences of ASD and puppet presentations to demystify autism.